Geriatric Psychiatrist - Cedar-Sinai Medical Center
In a joint appointment with the Department of Neurology and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, the Geriatric Psychiatrist will participate in programmatic activities which support the Medical Center’s mission of quality patient care, research, and education. You will be a part of a well-functioning memory program in a specialized center for dementia and primary areas of support will include clinical programs, education, and research, in the areas of Geriatric Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry, Consultation-Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry. Leadership opportunities are available based on qualifications.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Delivery of comprehensive psychiatric evaluation and treatment services for patients with cognitive impairments and their families.
- Delivery of comprehensive consultation-liaison services with other clinical programs and departments in the Medical Center.
- Participation with multidisciplinary care teams in neurology clinical areas.
- Participation in patient-centered focal treatment programs related to Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, i.e., Emergency Psychiatry, Psycho-oncology, HIV Disorders, Ambulatory Care Medicine, Surgical Trauma, Geriatric Psychiatry, Neurology, Organ Transplantation.
- Participation in clinical trials and education of residents/fellows as dictated by programmatic needs
- Medical Degree from an accredited medical school
- Completion of residency program in psychiatry and fellowship in geriatric, neurobehavioral or neuropsychiatry
- Board Certification (or eligibility) in Psychiatry and Geriatric or Neuropsychiatry.
- Unrestricted California license as Physician with CSMC Medical Staff Membership
- A track record of excellence in teaching, patient care.
We are among the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, medical education and medical research, with total annual revenues of $3.5 billion. Cedars-Sinai is one of the largest non-profit academic medical centers in the U.S. with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 3,000 nurses and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing, diagnosing and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for rare, complex and advanced illnesses.
To apply, please submit: 1. A curriculum vitae; 2. Cover letter; 3. A diversity & inclusion statement describing your past contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion and your future plans for continuing these efforts (two pages or less), to Dr. Zaldy Tan c/o: Academicrecruiting@cshs.org
At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center we are proud of our diverse and inclusive work environment. We are committed to recruiting, selecting and retaining an engaged workforce from many backgrounds, perspectives and experiences at all levels of the organization, including age, gender identity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law.