PT Geriatric Psychiatrist - Hebrew SeniorLife
Hebrew SeniorLife – Wolk Center for Memory Health – PT Geriatric Psychiatrist – Mon to Fri – Flexible Hour
The Geriatric Psychiatrist provides psychiatric consultation and ongoing psychiatric treatment for the long-term chronic care, post-acute, and outpatient programs at one or more venues within Hebrew SeniorLife. This position may also involve participation in medical student, resident, and fellowship teaching opportunities.
- Ability to independently diagnose and treat psychiatric conditions in adult and geriatric patients employing current, evidence-based approaches.
- Ability to provide psychiatric education to patients, staff, and families at levels appropriate to these respective groups.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, group and across the organization to accomplish tasks and achieve desired results. Display enthusiasm and promote a friendly working situation; support group decision-making and solicit opinions from co-workers.
- Provides psychiatric consultation as requested by primary care teams in the long-term chronic care, post-acute, and outpatient settings.
- Provides psychiatric care to patients at the Center for Memory Health
- Develops Telehealth offering for mental health support to patients at the Center for Memory Health
- Participates in team meetings and multi-disciplinary care planning for patients at the Center for Memory Health
- Develops other clinical applications of TMS brain neuromodulation program
- Awarded degree of MD or DO with ABPN recognized psychiatry residency. Successful completion of ACGME accredited geriatric medicine or psychosomatic medicine fellowship program preferred
- Valid and unrestricted Massachusetts Medical License. Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements
- Eligible for American Board Certification in Psychiatry or currently valid certification or renewed prior to expiration. ABPN added certification in geriatric psychiatry or psychosomatic medicine valid or eligible preferred. Federal DEA Certification. CPR Certified.
- Experience, gained in training and/or in practice, caring for seniors in long term chronic care, community or home settings.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Ability to supervise, advise and train clinical professionals and/or students in area of expertise
Competitive salary and Comprehensive benefits.
Please send your confidential CV to:
1200 Centre Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
HSL is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage both women and minorities to apply.